Saturday, May 29, 2010

"Turtle Perseverance"

I was sitting outside the front of my house one morning just observing nature and contemplating my life. I watched the clouds, the ants at my feet, the birds flying by. There were two little lizards running around as if playing a game of tag. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a cat appear from the brush that ran along the little canal across the street, nothing special about that except it next brought my attention to a dark object that wasn’t there a few moments ago. It piqued my interest so I decided to walk closer to get a better look. It was a turtle. As I watched the turtle it started to move, slowly and deliberately it proceeded on its journey, stopping at times before venturing onward.

As I studied this creature I suddenly realized just how similar it was to the human race. The turtle struggles through life slowly searching for a path to reach its ultimate goal. It often has to alter its course as unforeseen obstacles get in its path, he either goes over the impediment or he goes around it. The main thing is he has a set goal that he’s trying to reach and no matter what gets in his way or how long it takes he perseveres. The turtle has the fortitude to keep going after his goal no matter what, sometimes even if it kills him.

Now through their journey they take adequate time to rest and eat so they’ll have the strength to reach their final destination. And at times they feel fear and go into hiding inside their protective shell. But eventually they find the courage to go back out into the world and to realization of their goal. The turtle knows that it will never reach its destination and the accompanying reward if it doesn’t at least try.

I’m sure you to can see the many similarities between the turtles journey and our own. So when life gets you down and you feel like giving up, take a lesson from the turtle and go for your goal no matter how long it takes or how many obstacles get in your way!

No comments:

Post a Comment